donderdag 16 december 2010

Christmas presentation

Last tuesday I had a presentation about the work I have done so far.
The slides of the presentation can be found here.

The feedback and comments and remarks I received from both teachers as other students were really helpfull.
I will explain them a bit more:
  • One remark was that I did not explain why I had chosen for this kind of application.
    I will adress this issue by searching for papers that explain the problems that students face on campus, along with results that support the idea of creating this sort of applications, one that (partially) solves these problems.
  • Also I need some more and better reasons why I chose for Android OS.
    That is why I will make a deeper comparison between the different mobile OS's in the next couple of weeks, and will make a final decision based on this comparison.
  • They pointed out that I have to make sure that students keep using the check-in functionality, otherwise my application will lose a great part of its intended purpose.
    I will look for some kind of reward-system and look at how Foursquare and Waze solve this (both applications were suggested to me after the presentation, although I already have been using, and thereby know Foursquare)
  • In my presentation I talked a bit about privacy concerns when integrating with Facebook.
    One solution for this is a so called social network path which limits the number of friends to 50.
  • Because I want to display extra information about users (on buddy info page), I will probably have to keep profiles for every user. This will give me a very large database to deal with.
    So either I drop out some unnecessary or either I implement some profile page for every user.
  • As a last remark one student said I could be an advantage to have the functionality where you cannot just check in at buildings and classrooms, but also send a request to some buddy to ask him where he is.
    I will consider this in the next couple of weeks, and see whether the persons wich test my paper prototype have the same remark.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten